My first build for Android can't be installed

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Joshua

My first build for Android can't be installed

Post by Joshua »

Hi

I'm trying to build an app with Spider Basic
I can compile my app for android but I have a problem, my app can not be installed in newer androids.. I tested in with an old mobile with android 4.4 and it runs fine, but with recent androids I always get the message "Application not installed" (permissions for install external apps are set)

:cry:
hoerbie

Re: My first build for Android can't be installed

Post by hoerbie »

Is "Enable debugger" set active in the compile for Android dialog?

How do you try to install the app, directly with cable?

In general I have installed SB apps on Android from 7.x up to 11.x and all work, I put the compiled app on my web server and download it to the devices, mostly there only must be set the "install from unknown sources" on the device.
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Hi, thanks for reply!!

Im not using cable, I compile and create the .apk file and I download this file into device.

The option "install from unknown sources" are enabled (I can install .apk files generated with other tools like Android Studio or B4A)

Sure that this problem it's a fault of me ... but I can not find it .

(Excuse me for my bad English)
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Is possible that problem is due I'm using free version of Spider Basic? I'm using 2.4
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

Have you followed the documentation? => https://www.spiderbasic.com/documentati ... teapp.html
Having the debugger enabled really could be the cause, but I'm not certain. I'd have to test myself.
Are there any error messages, log files, etc. that might be of help?

Which SDK Version is installed for Android? Does it match the requirements?
Joshua

Post by Joshua »

Hi! Thanks a lot for your help, I answer on your lines:
bembulak wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 1:36 pm Have you followed the documentation? => https://www.spiderbasic.com/documentati ... teapp.html
Yes, I follow it.
Having the debugger enabled really could be the cause, but I'm not certain. I'd have to test myself.
No, debugger is not enabled but I did a test with it and the result is the same.
Are there any error messages, log files, etc. that might be of help?
In compilation and creation .apk there is not error messages, it's all OK. The problem is when I download the .apk and try to install it, and if this action generate any log into device I don't find it.
Which SDK Version is installed for Android? Does it match the requirements?
1.8, and .apk generate with Android Studio using this SDK runs and installs successfully.