Note on Fred's offer to extend everyone's license for one year.

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kurzer

Note on Fred's offer to extend everyone's license for one year.

Post by Kurzer »

Hello all,

because of the long development delay in SpiderBasic, Fred made the following offer in his announcement for version 2.40 for all buyers.
First, I would like to apologize for the very big delay since the last official release. Some of you already know it, I wanted to finish the 6.00 version of PureBasic which was a very big undertaking and it took longer than expected. To make it up to you, for all users which had subscribed to a one year extension (at any time in the past), I decided to renew it freely up to 31. dec 2023 so you can access the new versions.
I contacted Fred today and asked him if he would extend my license. This worked out wonderfully and Fred did it immediately. Many thanks for that, Fred.

But now my hint to all users who also want to take advantage of this:

The runtime of the new (extended) license starts from the day of activation. In my case, unfortunately, already from today (April 16, 2023). But Fred keeps his offer valid until December 31, 2023. So if you want to get the latest (last) updates, you should have your license extended by Fred at the end of December 2023 (or can I have it extended again on 31. dec. 2023, Fred? ;-) - Sorry, I know that I'm a little Ferengi ).

Kind greetings
Kurzer
SB 2.32 x86, Browser: Iron Portable V. 88.0.4500.0 (Chromium based), User age in 2023: 55y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Note on Fred's offer to extend everyone's license for one year.

Post by Fred »

Sure i will take a look
Kurzer

Post by Kurzer »

*push*

Just in case it is still of interest to someone.

Fred, I would be interested in a last minute re-activation of my SpiderBasic license if it's no trouble for you.
Many thanks in advance.
SB 2.32 x86, Browser: Iron Portable V. 88.0.4500.0 (Chromium based), User age in 2023: 55y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

Kurzer wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:30 pm *push*

Just in case it is still of interest to someone.

Fred, I would be interested in a last minute re-activation of my SpiderBasic license if it's no trouble for you.
Many thanks in advance.
Indeed. That would have been of interest for me. However, seems like I've missed the deadline.
Anyway: a nice touch/act of kindness from your side, Fred. Highly appreciated!
zaphod

Post by zaphod »

and for me too... old french user of PB and SB...
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

I'm also a decades old PB user. I've been through every dev platform since Android 1.0, including all the ART and Darvik versions of Studio. I stick with SB for fast prototyping, and anything you can't do with built-in libs you can import Cordova libs for; even though most cordova libs are poorly documented and you basically have to reverse engineer structures and returns with chrome-debug....
plouf

Post by plouf »

I agree with delays etc.

But not forget that development "motivation" comes from subs riptions and offvourse activity forums etc
Not by free over free ;-)
Christos
munfraid

Post by munfraid »

I'll be happy to renew my SB license as soon as a real update with new features and improvements is out.