SpiderBasic 2.50 is out !

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Paul

Re: SpiderBasic 2.50 beta 2 is ready !

Post by Paul »

Fred wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:17 am I will try and let you know. Does an unsigned debug enabled apk install correctly on your phone ?
Yes, an unsigned debug enabled APK installs fine on my phone.
useful

Post by useful »

--keepappdir on commandline and to 'Create App' window to keep the cordova app directory
Can we get more details about what this does for us?
2B or not 2B = FF
hoerbie

Post by hoerbie »

I think Fred could explain it better, but as this was also one of my requests, I'll try:

More on MacOS compiling for iOS, but also sometimes on Windows for Android the compile simply stops without any good error message, mostly when it was something special Cordova problem. For example before 2.40 some of us had problems with one Cordova plugin, that was updated by the developers but the update crashed the compile.
And when compile stopped, SB deleted the temporary directory that it used for the compile.

By keeping the temporary directory there is a chance to find and fix errors ourself, by directly calling Cordova in the temporary directory, because you now have all the files at the state, when the error happened. So in theory you don't have to wait, until a fix of SB is out.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Paul wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:41 am Hey Fred, could we get an example of how to self sign an APK?

This use to be super easy with previous version but now with 2.50 beta when I try to sign the APK it will not install on Android Phone.
If you had an example that would be quite useful to point me in the right direction :)
Fred wrote:I will try and let you know. Does an unsigned debug enabled apk install correctly on your phone ?
Paul wrote:Yes, an unsigned debug enabled APK installs fine on my phone.
Any word on this?
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

I don't know why it doesn't work anymore, it's more an android thing now than a SB issue. The package is properly created, can be uploaded to the Google Play store when signed and uploaded on the phone when unsigned. If you find something, don't hesitate to post
Fred
Site Admin

Re: SpiderBasic 2.50 is out !

Post by Fred »

The final version is out, thanks for testing !
hoerbie

Post by hoerbie »

@Fred, just to be sure:
Am I right, that the way one can use SB-variables directly in JS has changed?
I've checked my biggest app against 2.50 and it stopped working on some code, until I changed the use of global SB variables like "sbname" in JS from "v_sbname" to "g_sbname"?
I've stumbled over an identical post in PB some days ago.
But in the SB docs there is only the v_ prefix listed.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Ho yes, you're right. You need to use the g_ prefix now for global.