What web hosting requirements?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
HoosierDaddy

Re: What web hosting requirements?

Post by HoosierDaddy »

Hi Christos.

Let me try to answer your questions. .
The DB will be hosted at a web hosting company on their network.
The web site will also be located at the web host so that people who want to see the menu and print a txt only version can do so.
All of the DB that is hosted will be updated by the owners of the diner via an application that I wrote for them on their machine. An EXE for example in PB. I was looking at the PB docs and I can see it's possible to use http to communicate with a web server, but I didn't see any exame code. Maybe I just missed it.
Do you happen to know of any example code of how to use PB to communicate with a web server and a database on a web hosts network / internet?
.Thanks so much for the flow chart. I will check it out.
By the way. May I ask. Are you Greek?
Your name is why I ask. 😂👍

Best regards my friend and thank you so much for your input.
From the heartland of America
Southern Indiana. USA.
plouf

Post by plouf »

Hi
Yes i Greek, the location athens,greece also states that ;-)

So if i understand correctly, you already have an application writen in pb which acts as a dinner organizwr r something similar
Additionally the "restaurant" already has a already inplemented website

What you are looking for in interconection of databases in order to "sync" dinner data today menu is chicken tommorow pasta etc.

In that case i see little use of spiderbasic

You have to check with website admin. If he can retrieve data and upadate dinner from a database , lets say a mysql/sqlite database hosted in you webserver
PB CAN access and alter/upadate databases located anywhere
(Mysql is the optimal solution i believe because is network accessible by definition

PB database library has examples for databases and as said they are network accessible by definition...
Christos
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

It's JS, CSS, and HTML.. No special requirements..

To make multi-user real-time stuff scale you'll have to use websocket push(having users poll the server will not work); that has special server requirements with HTTP server configurations. If you're android or IOS you can use native API for a TCP push infrastructure. Again, this is only when you have to make a project support infinite users in real time without crashing server(s)..