"App build failed" - Error while building an Android app.

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Peter

"App build failed" - Error while building an Android app.

Post by Peter »

Hello,

at the moment I have this infamous "60% App build failed" error again when I want to build an Android app. It used to work at some point, but now it doesn't work anymore. I have now read through all the known threads in this forum, but have not yet been able to fix the error.

For this reason, it would be very helpful if the SpiderBasic message were more informative and displayed why the build process failed. No one can seriously do anything with a simple "App build failed" message.

Thanks in Advance!
Dirk Geppert

Re: "App build failed" - Error while building an Android app.

Post by Dirk Geppert »

+1
plouf

Post by plouf »

Agree
And add to that, that since actually rhe proccess of "building app" is only commanding cordova

Maybe if we had more lnowledge of what it does when trying to build the app with cordova, try to reproduce the proccess manually ro check all info cordava gives us
(More advanced but usefull)

Additional the more advanced users may use it for more . Like building win8/10 apps
Christos
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

For now, you can use the commandline compiler with the /VERBOSE option which should output all the cordova commands. I will try to redirect all these to the IDE in detail mode.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Fred wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:01 pmI will try to redirect all these to the IDE in detail mode.
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

Peter wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:57 pm
Fred wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:01 pmI will try to redirect all these to the IDE in detail mode.
That would be really helpful. Thank you!
hoerbie

Post by hoerbie »

+1

And as I posted as different topic, it would also be helpful, if the temporary Cordova build directory wouldn't be deleted after compile error. With this dir a pro could try to analyze or solve problems directly in Cordova or with Android Studio or Xcode.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Fred wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:01 pmFor now, you can use the commandline compiler with the /VERBOSE option which should output all the cordova commands.
With this information I was now able to find out that it was due to the JDK versions I had installed on my computer. It did not work with OpenJDK version 11 and version 19. Only after I had installed Amazon Coretto version 8 did it work.
sbcompiler.exe wrote:JAVA_HOME=C:\Apps\Java\jdk-11.0.1\
Error: Requirements check failed for JDK 1.8 or greater
Error: App build failed.
In this respect, the error message is misleading, because V11 and V19 are greater than V8.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Acccording to this: https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/late ... nt-kit-jdk, only JDK 8 is supported for corvoda 6.x (we use this in SB). I will change the label in the preference to reflect this and update the doc.
hoerbie

Post by hoerbie »

@Peter: thanks for the tipp of Corretto, never heard of it before, will give it a try.

@Fred: any chances in updating cordova-android to version 10, so that we can use newer JDK 11?