Change theme of app (CSS style)

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
_Marc_

Change theme of app (CSS style)

Post by _Marc_ »

Hi,

Afaik SpiderBasic uses one fixed CSS theme. Is there a way to change this?

What I'm looking for is a theme that looks like a standard iOS or Android app theme style.

I prefer not to change the CSS myself. Preferably I want to download the CSS files from somewhere.

Is this possible? And if yes: how to get and install those?
Peter

Re: Change theme of app (CSS style)

Post by Peter »

In the compiler options you can set which themes are to be used for Windows and for gadgets:

The Windows themes are located under: [YourPathToSpiderBasic]\Libraries\javascript\themes\

You can find the gadget themes here: [YourPathToSpiderBasic]\Libraries\javascript\dojo\themes\

I haven't dealt with iOS or Android themes yet, but there seems to be something like that here: https://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/t ... g_started/
_Marc_

Post by _Marc_ »

Peter wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:48 pm I haven't dealt with iOS or Android themes yet, but there seems to be something like that here: https://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/t ... g_started/
Ah, didn't look there. Thank you!

For the themes, it doesn't have to be iOS/Android themes. Just other themes in general. Are there places where one can get other themes?
Peter

Post by Peter »

_Marc_ wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:58 pmAre there places where one can get other themes?
I haven't seen any themes myself, except for the ones that come with SpiderBasic. But that doesn't have to mean anything. In any case, a brief Google search did not yield any hits.

dojo/dijit (the UI framework that SpiderBasic uses) is a bit outdated (the last official version 1.16 is from 2019) and I can't imagine anyone bothering to create a complete theme for it nowadays.