RAD.sb, a RAD framework for SpiderBasic

Created a nice software using SpiderBasic ? Post you link here !
Charlie

RAD.sb, a RAD framework for SpiderBasic

Post by Charlie »

Although very very early going, I figured might as well start an "official thread" now for thoughts/comments/ideas/etc.

G'day all,

Note: RAD.sb currently built and tested with SpiderBasic 2.22

With RAD.sb, I hope to create a rapid application development framework for SpiderBasic. (RAD.sb stems from my General Discussion post A SQLWindows-like OO framework for SpiderBasic? )

Although I really do enjoy/appreciate SpiderBasic something silly, as a career-long SQLWindows (today: OpenText Gupta Team Developer) programmer, I was often getting frustrated without so many features in SQLWindows that very much fit the way this old sponge of mine works. Hence RAD.sb to get some of those missing features.

To start putting together RAD.sb in a practical way, I'm simultaneously creating :
  • ASL.sb, a RAD.sb-based SpiderBasic application for learning American Sign Language. For details about ASL.sb, please see this other thread of discussion
  • RAD.sb Tester.sb a RAD.sb-based SpiderBasic application to test and showcase RAD.sb widgets (i.e. windows and gadgets), similarly to Fantaisie Software's Gadget overview showcase application for SpiderBasic.
Source code: download zip file. Eventually, I'll have some decent installation instructions and (this will take a while) a user guide.
Huge fan of SpiderBasic, and very passionate about these other personal projects: