Window Layout Helper

Created a nice software using SpiderBasic ? Post you link here !
Charlie

Window Layout Helper

Post by Charlie »

G'day,

Just playing around to see how well SpiderBasic can handle creation of a "Form Designer" for SpiderBasic .

App Link: Window Layout Helper

Updates Log:

2020-01-29: Ridiculously humble beginnings, part deux
Resizing Gadgets in the "Design Window"
2020-01-28: Ridiculously humble beginning
Sizing of layout modules, spacing between modules, ability to move a sample Gadget around, and have it resize as module sizes and module spacing gets adjusted.

User Guide:

Moving a gadget: Set the focus on the gadget by clicking on it, and then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the gadget around.
Resizing a gadget: Set the focus on the gadget by clicking on it; enter key makes the gadget taller, backspace key makes the gadget shorter; CTRL+2 makes the gadget wider, CTRL+1 makes the gadget narrower
Huge fan of SpiderBasic, and very passionate about these other personal projects:
Charlie

Re: Window Layout Helper

Post by Charlie »

Just a little update, details in main post.

Aside: resizing gadget height seems a little off when Y module height is less than 14 or 15; same thing when resizing gadget width and X module width is less than 14 or 15.

I suspect that module sizes or gadget sizes are iffy under a certain height and width because of the border around the modules and/or gadgets. Something I need to investigate a little later.

Cheers !
Huge fan of SpiderBasic, and very passionate about these other personal projects:
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Nice project !
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Thanks Fred !

I am really having a blast working with SpiderBasic. There are nowhere near enough hours in a day to play with SpiderBasic to my liking.