iOS-Deployment done easy :-)

Share your advanced knowledge/code with the community.
dibor

Re: iOS-Deployment done easy :-)

Post by dibor »

@bembulak
Yes, this thread for the How to setup iOS Deployment
I did exact as U sad, but when I go to "Compiler" ->"Create app" and press on "CheckXCode...." I got error - "install-cordova.sh can't be opened because (null) is not allowed to open documents in terminal."

So, iOS dev. is not so easy :(
dibor

Post by dibor »

Have tried on other M2 machine and Ventura OS.
Every time when I run the XCode + Cordova check - computer runs cordova installation.

:(
Torf

Post by Torf »

Hello.

I'm trying to build and iOS app but the process fails. I get the message "Export successful (/Volumes/..../app.ipa)." but its a erroneous message because none .ipa file is generated.

I think that I followed all steps posted in this thread but I have a doubt... After certificates are generated , how are configured in SpiderBasic? How knows SpiderBasic where are the certificates for sign the app?

Thanks in advance,

Torf
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

I can't say much more than in my initial posts.

I do not have a paid Apple Developer Account anymore, therefore my Certificates and Provisioning Profiles expired.

However, what I can give you as advice:
- Take care of the used version of XCode: is it the one, Fred states in the documentation?
- Follow the Steps EXACTLY and take care not to overlook something. Login online, create Certs and Prov.Profiles, start XCode and make sure that XCode downloads and installs the Prov.Profile.
- Make sure you have a Team ID an give that very same information to SpiderBasic. I assume that SB will pass that on to node/cordova and cordova uses the XCode Command Line tools with lots of parameters (include the TEAM ID) to compile the code.
- Make sure upfront, that your tool chain has access to the folders you want to export to. If Spider Basic (and Node.js/Cordova) is not allowed to write to e. g. your desktop, you'll end up with what you explained. The *.ipa will not be written.

I can confirm this for the Apple Silicon (M1/M2) chip sets, but my guess is, that it should work equally. In all my tests: whenever something did not work, it was my fault, as I overlooked a detail or left out an important step.