How to make a minimized application active?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
AZJIO

How to make a minimized application active?

Post by AZJIO »

I made an alarm clock. The application runs in the background. If it is minimized and the alarm clock turns on, then I need to show the window. How to do it. In the window I have two buttons, stop the alarm music and snooze the alarm for 10 minutes. To see the window, I need to run the program or open minimized windows.
How do I immediately make the window active so that the buttons are visible. It will be wrong if the person wakes up and starts looking for the application icon to open the window and stop the music.
plouf

Re: How to make a minimized application active?

Post by plouf »

you cannot do that in a browser since its not a program itself but relies in "browser"
"pop up windows" has been blocked long ago because they abuse use in pages...

even if you allow a browser to popup from your site it will will not bring on top every time
if your "clock" cannot be created in a Os compiling languange like PureBasic for example

the best you can get is SetActiveWindow(#window) which will make the specific browser AND its TAB to flash
therefore user can see the "flashing" in dock and open webbrowser, in turn the specific alarmed tab will also focus.
Christos