Project mentoring and help

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
itzybitzyspider

Project mentoring and help

Post by itzybitzyspider »

Hello,

I'm new to the SpiderBasic world though I'm an experienced developer with Golang, .NET, Angular, PHP under my belt. I'm embarking on a frontend project which I'm hoping to do the following. I don't have much experience with drawing, graphics on JS and thus I decided to take a look at SpiderBasic. I've done some work on PureBasic so format is ok but not so much on window manipulation etc.

1. Google APIs - Embed maps, etc. This can be achieved with HTTP calls.
2. Managing sprites (I guess that's what it's called), placing, moving etc etc.
3. Exporting to PDF etc. the entire screen (Map + Placement)

I was wondering if some of you gurus can be my mentor and perhaps support/help from the coding aspect during the initial phases and ongoing. Of course, I'm looking at a paid thing. Apologies if this post is inappropriate.
Peter

Re: Project mentoring and help

Post by Peter »

Hello itzybitzyspider,

don't worry, your request is appropriate. If you have specific questions, feel free to ask them here.
itzybitzyspider

Post by itzybitzyspider »

Hello, thank you for your reply.

To start off, is this how the SpiderBasic app should be communicating with the server backend?

SB App <---> Http Post/Get <--> (some backend eg. PHP, .NET etc) <--> DB (MSSQL, MYSQL etc)

I saw SpiderBites can handle the backend as well? How does everyone handle communications with the backend?

I'm obviously used to sending JSON back and forth from the front end angular app so am I right to assume SB is also the same?
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

itzybitzyspider wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:02 pm Hello, thank you for your reply.

To start off, is this how the SpiderBasic app should be communicating with the server backend?

SB App <---> Http Post/Get <--> (some backend eg. PHP, .NET etc) <--> DB (MSSQL, MYSQL etc)

I saw SpiderBites can handle the backend as well? How does everyone handle communications with the backend?

I'm obviously used to sending JSON back and forth from the front end angular app so am I right to assume SB is also the same?
I'd to it the same way, yes. Or maybe with the newly introduced WebSocket-Lib -> viewtopic.php?p=8698#p8698