General Project handling and Compiler Opions

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
bembulak

General Project handling and Compiler Opions

Post by bembulak »

Hi folks,

I wonder how you handle your projects while developing/testing and if you use compiler opitons for it - I have no idea how to use them.

Why do I ask?

Everytime I hit compile, a new Browser-Tab opens. That's totally fine. Nevertheless: other tools out there are able to "hot reload", once the program was changed.
Is this also possible with SB?

This leads me to an IDE option I found and have no idea how to use.

What is the webserver adress used for?
And how to use (and configure) external tools?

I was not able to find this in the documentation. Sorry, if I missed it.

Thanks!
plouf

Re: General Project handling and Compiler Opions

Post by plouf »

Afaik not posible to "hot reload""

The webserver option is explained in manual. Its for where ip should seach in F5 compiled programs
Leaving than empty "localhost" will be used

What you mena by external tools ? The tools executed in compile (the option under webaddress)?

These are the exrernal tools in ide, can be execute during compile if needed for any reason
For example another server must be started or whatever
Christos
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

plouf wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:25 am Afaik not posible to "hot reload""
Okay. Just thought, that there was a trick or something to have that working.
plouf wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:25 am The webserver option is explained in manual. Its for where ip should seach in F5 compiled programs
Leaving than empty "localhost" will be used
Thanks. I will search again in the manual.
plouf wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:25 am What you mena by external tools ? The tools executed in compile (the option under webaddress)?

These are the exrernal tools in ide, can be execute during compile if needed for any reason
For example another server must be started or whatever
Like in my screenshot - "Execute Tools". If I understand correctly: there could be some external tools (IDE / tools / external tolls), that could also be called on compile time. I know that such options exist, but just don't know how to integrate all this.

Thank you for your answers, plouf.
Maybe I'm just too deep into corporate CI/CD/DevOps stuff at work (being OPS, not DEV). I just want to find out how I could make it better/easier/more comfortable.
plouf

Post by plouf »

bembulak wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:39 am
Like in my screenshot - "Execute Tools". If I understand correctly: there could be some external tools (IDE / tools / external tolls), that could also be called on compile time. I know that such options exist, but just don't know how to integrate all this.
L.
Yes there is chack "Tools"
https://www.spiderbasic.com/documentati ... tools.html
Christos
bembulak

Post by bembulak »

plouf wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:43 am
bembulak wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:39 am
L.
Yes there is chack "Tools"
https://www.spiderbasic.com/documentati ... tools.html
Thank you for clearification.
So, there are "Tools" to be called on compile time (stuff like we know from PB as well) and "Tools" that might be called on "Publish" time. But such tools don't exist yet, right?
And the webserver adress would mean that SB doesn't call "localhost", but an IP adress.

I think I got it now. Thank you plouf!