How to publish an app

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
_aNdy_

Re: How to publish an app

Post by _aNdy_ »

Again, thanks for your continued patience! This is getting embarrassing! I'm quite capable of coding in PureBasic, in 6502 assembly (various Commodore machines) and on the Amiga (68000 and Blitz Basic) but I can't seem to get this working!

I've solved the 'browser too old' problem. There were indeed some libraries missing including 'platform.js. I think this seemed to happen when using the web-based ftp on the free hosting page. Transferring using FileZilla, all libs are now present and correct.

I completely ripped out the SB installation and have reinstalled. However, the sprite example still isn't running. All I get is the background image, which is part of the stylesheet I think.

Sorry about this... [red face]
_aNdy_

Post by _aNdy_ »

Actually, forget the above! Working now! I cleared all data files and cache from within the browser and all seems to work!

Thank you so much for all your help! So appreciated!

Now to try porting my Grandson's game over so he can see it online!
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you are uploading to a Linux server it could be case sensitive issues.
The Sprite example loads "Spider.png" from the "Data" folder. Make sure "Data" is not "data" and "Spider.png" is not "spider.png"

It's a shot in the dark :)
Peter

Post by Peter »

_aNdy_ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:28 pmI cleared all data files and cache from within the browser and all seems to work!
Unfortunately, this is a well-known problem of SpiderBasic.
Maybe it will be fixed in the next version, @Fred?
_aNdy_

Post by _aNdy_ »

Peter wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:54 pm
_aNdy_ wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:28 pmI cleared all data files and cache from within the browser and all seems to work!
Unfortunately, this is a well-known problem of SpiderBasic.
Maybe it will be fixed in the next version, @Fred?
I remember reading about this elsewhere on the forum, where someone needed the cache flushed automatically for some commercial software for their clients. That's why it occurred to me to do it.

Anyway, again *MUCH* thanks for your help!
_aNdy_

Post by _aNdy_ »

Started the port of my 8yo Grandsons simple game in PureBasic to SpiderBasic (at least everything he's done so far, he wants to add more!)

Have test uploaded to some free webspace:

vaisey.epizy.com

All is working fine in Firefox and Edge, but Chrome is still giving a 'browser too old' message. Any reason for this?

It's likely he'll want to show friends and family using the online version on a Chromebook so not working in Chrome is a bit of a pain!
Peter

Post by Peter »

_aNdy_ wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:07 pmAll is working fine in Firefox and Edge, but Chrome is still giving a 'browser too old' message. Any reason for this?
no problem here with Chrome. Have you cleared the cache?
_aNdy_

Post by _aNdy_ »

Peter wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:16 pm
_aNdy_ wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:07 pmAll is working fine in Firefox and Edge, but Chrome is still giving a 'browser too old' message. Any reason for this?
no problem here with Chrome. Have you cleared the cache?
Yeah, cleared cache and refreshed quite a few times. Finally, it did work. Odd!