Android App in Linux

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ccpplinux

Android App in Linux

Post by ccpplinux »

Hi all,
Is it possible to install SpiderBasic IDE in Linux and then develop Android app using it?

Best Regards ...
ccpplinux
Peter

Re: Android App in Linux

Post by Peter »

yes
The free version of SpiderBasic (limited to small webapps) is available for download for everyone:
  • SpiderBasic free for Windows (32-bit and 64-bit)
  • SpiderBasic free for Linux x64 (64-bit)
  • SpiderBasic free Linux x86 (32-bit)
  • SpiderBasic free OS X (64-bit)
Registering SpiderBasic gives you access to full-sized webapps, the three versions of SpiderBasic (Linux, Windows and OS X) will be immediately available on your online account. There is also an exclusive access for registered users to forthcoming beta version if you want to test it before official release.
https://www.spiderbasic.com/download.php
ccpplinux

Post by ccpplinux »

Thanks for reply. However when I am trying to create Android App in Linux then it is displaying the message that "Android app can be only created on Windows". Please have a look at screenshot at https://ibb.co/ZMMYt1R
Peter

Post by Peter »

oh, sorry, I didn't know that. :oops:
ccpplinux

Post by ccpplinux »

This is very strange. I also sent a mail to support email in this regard few days back but there is no reply from them. It looks like this is not an active project which can be used at production level.
Paul

Post by Paul »

ccpplinux wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:07 pm However when I am trying to create Android App in Linux then it is displaying the message that "Android app can be only created on Windows".
The HELP file states...
Overview
To be able to create an Android app, a Windows computer is required. JDK 1.8+ needs to be installed (available here: JDK 1.8) and the path has to be specified in the SpiderBasic IDE -> Preferences -> Compiler. Before publishing an Android app on GooglePlay, it needs to be signed, SpiderBasic doesn't handle it automatically for now.
https://www.spiderbasic.com/documentati ... teapp.html

It looks like this is not an active project which can be used at production level.
Yes, it seems very much like this project has been abandon many years ago :(
plouf

Post by plouf »

As said spiderbasic support "automatic" creation under windows only

However its possible to download cordova in linux. And make "app" from spiderbasic "web app" files

Using cordova manual way
Christos