Browser's history buttons within a SpiderBasic page

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
es_91

Browser's history buttons within a SpiderBasic page

Post by es_91 »

Hi, everyone,

when giving a hit on the back button in your browser, the SpiderBasic page usually disappears, leaving all content, dynamically or static, in the forward history. SpiderBasic is propably made for single-page sites, linking to further SpiderBasic pages will cause medium to heavy loading times, again. Of course, those delays aren't so bad after all, however, as I notice, dynamically produced websites usually do offer a back and forward button functionality despite they need almost the same loading times like SpiderBasic's pages do.

I am looking for somebody that could be so polite to tell me how such backward-forward-compatibility for a browser's history buttons can be implemented in SpiderBasic - such that those buttons will not entirely leave one single Spider-project's page.

Any idea? Finished implementations, samples, tutorials, guides of any kind would be thankfully welcome .!

As far as this is not possible, it's a request / should be part of the wishlist for further releases.
:mrgreen:
es_91

Re: Browser's history buttons within a SpiderBasic page

Post by es_91 »

es_91 wrote:when giving a hit on the back button in your browser, the SpiderBasic page usually disappears, [...] SpiderBasic is propably made for single-page sites, linking to further SpiderBasic pages will cause medium[...]loading times
I notice this can be circumvented by putting two SB pages in-a-row, the first one stating something like
"

click your browser's back button twice to leave %WEBSITE%

we'll direct you to your previously visited site of %WEBSITE%

"
and the second being the actual content page - that should work, despite it's not the right way.
:mrgreen: