Form designer

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
Charlie

Re: Form designer

Post by Charlie »

G'day all,

Just giving this thread a wee "+1" to keep it on the radar.

I just installed the PureBasic (for linux) demo on my Chromebook, and that's not so bad at form designing for Spider Basic.

It is just a little clunky. I can't run PureBasic gui apps on the Chromebook (I get some kind of "X11" complaint.)

If PureBasic's Form Designer could be tweaked and included right in Spider Basic, that would be awesome.

Well, other burning priorities first. Form building in PureBasic is an okay hack at the moment.

Cheers and best regards !
Huge fan of SpiderBasic, and very passionate about these other personal projects:
Sicro

Post by Sicro »

Possibly interesting: Form files (.pbf) can already be opened in SpiderBasic and existing gadgets can be modified a bit.

I know, it's not very helpful, but I've found that out since a while and didn't want to leave it unmentioned. :mrgreen:
Why OpenSource should have a license
PureBasic-CodeArchiv-Rebirth: Git-Repository / Download -- Any help is welcome!
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: WindowsXP/Xubuntu x86 (VirtualBox) :: PureBasic (Linux: x86/x64, Windows: x86) :: All are up to date
Peter

Post by Peter »

Sicro wrote:I [...] didn't want to leave it unmentioned. :mrgreen:
Doppelt gemoppelt hält besser. ;)
Sicro

Post by Sicro »

No, I mean this:
  • File => Open.... => File.pbf
    or
  • $ spiderbasic File.pbf
In the SpiderBasic IDE, the hidden Form Designer is then opened.
Why OpenSource should have a license
PureBasic-CodeArchiv-Rebirth: Git-Repository / Download -- Any help is welcome!
Manjaro Xfce x64 (Main system) :: WindowsXP/Xubuntu x86 (VirtualBox) :: PureBasic (Linux: x86/x64, Windows: x86) :: All are up to date
Peter

Post by Peter »

Sicro wrote:the hidden Form Designer is then opened.
:shock:

oh, i didn't know that yet. Thanks for the hint!

(it's a pity that the property list isn't opened too.)

Greetings ... Peter
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

It's not properly tested so use it at your own risk.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

G'day all,

Aside: My SpiderBasic hobby-coding machine is a Linux(Beta)-enabled Chromebook, so living la vida loca in a Linux-software world!

Being a career SQLWindows guy (aka "Gupta Team Developer", now owned by OpenText), I am finding myself always continuously frustrated by a lack of a visual designer for forms.

Now, I'm kind of thinking: it doesn't matter, because I've found what I consider to be the best visual designer for a Rapid Application Development mindset: Kexi.

I tend to lean towards database application development, so I rather enjoy designing database tables and related forms in conjunction and without much fuss/muss. Kexi is pretty dead simple like Microsoft Access. No muss no fuss sweet spot: check.

By default, Kexi works with Sqlite. SpiderBasic works with Sqlite. Woohoo!

Forms built in Kexi are saved in the same Sqlite database as data. Now this old sponge o' mine is thinking: surely, a SpiderBasic application can make use of the form designs saved in the Sqlite database for creation of SpiderBasic windows and gadgets.

BTW: I tend to suffer from intertwingulitis. (i.e. I tend to see everything as interconnected/intertwingled) So not quite enough that I've got a "RAD" approach with SpiderBasic + Kexi simmering in me sponge, I've also got Object-Oriented / Event-Programming (à la SQLWindows) simmering on one of the burners simultaneously.

BTW2: Now, all other little projects, started but ignored for a bit (because of frustration trying to wedge my square peg SQLWindows mindset into a SpiderBasic round hole, and because of way too many interests: SQUIRREL!!!) are going to wind up in this massive catch-all project of mine ... i.e. a SpiderBasic RAD database application development suite of tools and approach. That's a mouthful ...

This very excited rambling brought to you by me.

Stay tuned !!!
Huge fan of SpiderBasic, and very passionate about these other personal projects: