Newline issue (missed bug?)

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
StoneOakvalley

Newline issue (missed bug?)

Post by StoneOakvalley »

I love SpiderBasic!

Newline issue:
Default files are saved with only $0A as newline char by default, no way to change. Don't like that.

Example:
spiderbasic.js
SpiderBasic_Compilation0.html
(after a successfull compile/run situation)

They should be generated based on settings in Spiderbasic/Compiler/Defaults/Sourcefile Newline format setting IMO.
If Linux=$0D, if Windows=$0D$0A

Editing those Linux formatted files with standard windows notepad is horrible :-)

Improvement Inline help:
Reference/images/ide_menu_compile.png
Shows old purebasic graphics with that nice "Create Executable" for instance..
Registered owner of PureBasic and SpiderBasic :-) Good stuff!
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Newline issue (missed bug?) + Minor doc error

Post by Fred »

The linux style endind is intentional, because most of the webservers will be on linux. On Windows you can find better than notepad to edit a file, right ? :)

About the image, it's changed, thank you.
StoneOakvalley

Re: [Done] Newline issue (missed bug?) + Minor doc error

Post by StoneOakvalley »

Yeah, NotePad++ on Windows are super great. Standard Notepad for windows are lame :-)

But, isn't it a bit bold to state a fact that "most webservers runs on Linux", just like that and use that as a intentional unchangeable fact within SpiderBasic, when its clearly released for Windows, as well as MAC and Linux? In my world, if I run Windows, everything is Windows and I'm sure there are others on the other side "if I run Linux to code, I shall use Linux for webserver" as well...

In my opinion, there should be an checkmark in the compiler section that allow to change newline into Windows, Linux or MAC for the Spiderbasic JS files and more....just like the "File/File Format" in the regular SpiderBasic IDE menu for the source has? The function is already there, its just a matter to use the same function during compilation.

Of course, one can create own tools before or after compilation (ehem, just like I did), to fix it...
Registered owner of PureBasic and SpiderBasic :-) Good stuff!
Fred
Site Admin

Re: [Done] Newline issue (missed bug?) + Minor doc error

Post by Fred »

Makes sens, I will move that to feature and request.