Persistant data storage for Android

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
flaviofornazier

Re: Persistant data storage for Android

Post by flaviofornazier »

Hi Mr.Poshu!

Your example works great! Thank you very much for sharing your knowledge with us.

Of course, for obvious reasons, I couldn't find the database file and I cannot prevent the users to clear theirs cache,

I don't want to annoy you, but do you have some special procedure to keep safe your local databases?

I couldn't compile for Android, I get the "Cordova On/Off Telemetry" error, but I will post it on the appropriate topic.

Thank you again and my apologies for my little knowledge in SB, I'm still starting...

Cheers.
poshu

Re: Persistant data storage for Android

Post by poshu »

Ok, so important thing : once compiled as an Android/iOS app, your data is on its own local storage. It won't be wiped when the user clears the cache of firefox or chrome or safari : it's a separate and safe space. I told you, just ignore the general consensus, they assumed something wrong and never bothered checking if it was true or not.

Concerning the Cordova thingy...
Well, I suffer the same fate (or close enough) on my desktop while it works perfectly fine on my laptop. It looks like it depends on the machine settings, and I haven't been able to identify the exact cause =_=;