Sensor library

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
es_91

Sensor library

Post by es_91 »

Following mobile-specific skills could be accessed via SB in app compile mode:

Temperature
Humidity
Rotation
Magnetic field
Proximity
Pressure
Acceleration
Gravity
Light

This should be a system framework library distinct from the web-compatible part.
:mrgreen:
tj1010

Re: Sensor library

Post by tj1010 »

You can access every sensor on the phone using Cordova and plugins. You do it with Import command which has no documentation and might not even be completely implemented from what I see in "residents" and other files.. Hence why users aren't posting any of what you mention.

Most phones only have GPS, AGPS, and accelerometer. Compass and altimeter are less frequent. Accelerometer is most of those you list. Fingerprint sensor is even less common than compass and altimeter.. Most have temperature sensors but they are inaccurate because they are either in chip packages or because internal heat.

you only need to support 800x480 to 4096x2180 as well(factoring logical to physical pixel ration if needed). Rotation is already implemented and you handle it with SizeDesktop callback and preferably Dialog library(dynamic layout)..
es_91

Re: Sensor library

Post by es_91 »

So much to easyness and structure, to understanding SB on-the-fly. tj, you defend passivity. Check "mobile BASIC" if desire exists. Admirable exactness of sensoric ability, physical use of a phone rather than wide/narrow desktop toying. Academic use? Let me guess ... universities don't use SB ... Guess, so am i.
:mrgreen: