PWA possible with SpiderBasic ?

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
menschmarkus

PWA possible with SpiderBasic ?

Post by menschmarkus »

Hi all,

in the moment I am looking for app developing possibility to cover nearly all kind of devices (phones, pads, PCs). As a basic the web platform seems to be the best choice because it is OS independent.
Did someone ever try to write a SpiderBasic app which is able to run on android, iOS, Linux, Windows? (like it would be with PWA 'Progressive Web App')

Wouldn't it be good to do this with SpiderBasic?
as soon you do it right, it works !
falsam

Re: PWA possible with SpiderBasic ?

Post by falsam »

hello menschmarkus.
with PWA 'Progressive Web App
When you write with PWA 'Progressive Web App, it is understood (i understand) that PWA is a language.

In fact, it's a programming concept that you can do with SpiderBasic.

■ I think some people, like me, do not know this concept.
What is a Progressive Web App? https://developers.google.com/web/funda ... rst-pwapp/

➽ Windows 11 - JDK 1.8 - SB 2.40 - Android 13
http://falsam.com

Sorry for my poor english
menschmarkus

Post by menschmarkus »

Thank you for your reply.

As I understand, PWA is not an own programming language, more a programming language concept. It is based on HTML5, CSS3 and jscript 'languages' for modern browsers (except Safari of iPhone. It doesn't support PWAs for 100%).

Due to the fact that spiderbasic is doing something similar my thought was if SpiderBasic wouldn't be able to do programming work with a comfortable GUI based on PureBasic language terminology and translate it for HTML based platform.

I try to find an answer if it is possible to use SpiderBasic for writing mobile apps with SpiderBasic which will run on mobile phones which can be used on Android systems as well as on iPhones or corresponding tablets.
PWAs are responsitive HTML templates which covers the problem of different display sizes of mobile devices. As I understand right, Spiderbasic is more for fixed 'windows' or fixes Screen sizes within a browser window. Both is not really usable for mobile apps.

The advantage of using SpiderBasic for me would be transfering my PB source partly more easily to HTML based platform.

I beleive this is more a question which can be answered by the Author of SpiderBasic, Fred
as soon you do it right, it works !
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

It is "PWA". I can do anything anyone out there can with any other tool or HTML5 and frameworks..

SB also builds ipa and apk for portability..