Navigation without TAB on television sets not quite usable?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
geriatroniker

Navigation without TAB on television sets not quite usable?

Post by geriatroniker »

ad SpiderBasic 1.00 Beta 1 (Linux - x86)

I try do code a LAN app (located on NAS) to using it by my TV. By PC it seems ok for me. But on my television - later the main tool for this app - used by the built in browser (Sony) I got a problem. For the TV there is no 'tab'-key on the remote to get to the buttons to push it by 'ok'. There are only arrow-keys for navigation. But this keys are able to select/highlite the whole window itself, all the corner (picture?) of the window and also each side alone. Meanigless however.
Its almost impossible to get to the wanted butten inside the main (and only one) window without countless pushses on the remote wandering aroung until to reach the button(s).

The first thought I have: ok, Sony did a bad job with javascript and the remote. But is it so?
As I am not familiar to javascript I do not know if this is a Sony problem with javascript or do I something wrong at the initialization of a PB window in SB? Does SB have something PB did not to avoid this?

In other words, how can I make the pictures representing the window parts on the screen delivered by the two (js and his server) making them - how should I call it - not selectable'?
Is something about this inside the help?
Not able to read help file here (see an other posting).

If this behavior will stay my tv-app is useless.

Thx