android app creation is broken

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
rory

android app creation is broken

Post by rory »

Hello,
So Yesterday, I tried to make an android app in spiderbasic. It was using the 32bit version, and 32bit java. However, when I tried to install it on my device, it said: app not installed. My device runs android 8, 64bits, 3gb ram and snapdragon mobile processor quad-core at 1.6mhz, if I remember correctly. although, it might be 2.1mhz. But can someone try to explain to me why it wasn't working? Because I filled in all the required fields, and it didn't work still. Also I just in general need the 64bit ver for when windows stop supporting 32bit.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: android app creation is broken

Post by Fred »

Did you enabled the USB debugging in the hidden developper menu of your paremeters ? It's needed to be able to put an app on your phone via USB
rory

Post by rory »

jeez, I erally am a noob with android. Noo, I didn't. roflroflrofl
RobertRioja

Post by RobertRioja »

I am having the same problem. My USB debugging is enabled but it makes no difference. I have tried everything but have not been able to get any SpiderBasic apks to install.
RobertRioja

Post by RobertRioja »

I did some research and found a solution, even though I don't understand the problem. I used APK Editor to edit the apk generated by SpiderBasic. By changing the Install Location to Internal Only, the apk can be installed. So every time I edit the app in SpiderBasic, create the apk and send it to my phone, I have to edit it so I can install it.
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

RobertRioja wrote:I did some research and found a solution, even though I don't understand the problem. I used APK Editor to edit the apk generated by SpiderBasic. By changing the Install Location to Internal Only, the apk can be installed. So every time I edit the app in SpiderBasic, create the apk and send it to my phone, I have to edit it so I can install it.
Hey, that is some right good sleuthing !
Huge fan of SpiderBasic, and very passionate about these other personal projects: