MySQL access

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
cbayona

MySQL access

Post by cbayona »

I'm thinking of getting SpideBasic to create some websites but it would need to access an MYSQL database and do so securely is it possible? I see nothing in the small manual about accessing remote databases. is it possible?

Thanks

K5NWA
Paul

Re: MySQL access

Post by Paul »

Search "Database" ... basically you need a proxy app between SpiderBasic and your Database Server.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1427&p=5023&hilit=database#p5023
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1349&p=4729&hilit=database#p4729

If you are already using PureBasic then https://github.com/spiderbytes/SpiderBite (SpiderBite) is a cool tool to help blend everything together.
cbayona

Post by cbayona »

Paul wrote:Search "Database" ... basically you need a proxy app between SpiderBasic and your Database Server.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1427&p=5023&hilit=database#p5023
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1349&p=4729&hilit=database#p4729

If you are already using PureBasic then https://github.com/spiderbytes/SpiderBite (SpiderBite) is a cool tool to help blend everything together.
OK so basically it would take an PHP application on the server or something similar to send the data to the clients PC who only has a web browser. I'm thinking that maybe this whole scheme will not work out due to security issues, the client would basically get a copy of my code if that is the case then I need something else that resides on the server only such as the current version which is written in PHP.

Any plans in the future for a server side version?
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

You can write server side code in PureBasic, SB's big brother. The syntax is almost identical.

The latest beta version has MySQL/MariaDB baked in, whilst the current stable version can access MySQL via ODBC. The new version also has functions that mimic SpiderBasic's networking functions, so things become even more seamless.
cbayona

Post by cbayona »

OK, it's not my server someone host for me so I'm not sure it will be allowed allowed to run executable s they allow the usual suspects, PHP is what I use on my web site.

k5nwa