How can I send long WYSIWYG editor content in HTTPRequest?

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
ehbarba

How can I send long WYSIWYG editor content in HTTPRequest?

Post by ehbarba »

Hi Spiders

Sending long WYSIWYG editor content as Parameter, causes HTTPRequest failure. Receipt: Success = False.

How can I send long WYSIWYG editor content to my server?

Thanks
SparrowhawkMMU

Re: How can I send long WYSIWYG editor content in HTTPReques

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

First, try sending headers to specify content-type and content-length . This can help, depending on the API.

Also, be aware that some firewalls get very upset with wysiwyg content, and even certain words. For example the Azure cloud firewall recently introduced a new rule blocking requests with the word "replace" in them. Totally cack-handed bit if thinking from MS, and it broke a production system in use by clients.

Unfortunately SpiderBasic still does not support examining the returned HTTP headers so it's difficult to debug any failures. It's why I've had to temporarily stop using it to build Web UIs. Which is a shame as it's such a nice dev tool.

You could use a network sniffing tool to see what is actually returned. This should give you some clues. Also, if you have access to the server, check the application and we server logs.
SparrowhawkMMU

Re: How can I send long WYSIWYG editor content in HTTPReques

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

One other thing. If you send long content using HTTP GET , you can fall foul of web server query string size limits.