Some questions about SB

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
SparrowhawkMMU

Some questions about SB

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Hi,

I could not find this on the main site (but I could well have missed it!).

Purchasing:
a) Is the license cross platform i.e. if I buy the Personal Edition, do I get Mac, Windows and Linux included?
b) Can I install SpiderBasic on all my personal computers, as I can with my copy of PureBasic?
c) Can I pay using PayPal (I think I did for PureBasic but I cannot remember for sure)
d) Does it use activation or a license key? I hope the latter but I can understand if it has to be the former.

Technical:
e) Can I create SB pages that are not windowed but use the whole available page width/height? And within these can I use Gadgets (or are they limited to Windows)
f) I could not see any advanced HTTPRequest() examples in the Help file - could somebody point me to some SB code that shows what format the params parameter should take, for both GET (querystring) and POST (form values) ?
g) Will HTTPRequest() be expanded so that there is support for HEAD, PUT and DELETE HTTP verbs?

Many thanks in advance. I am continuing to evaluate SB to see whether it meets my needs (building an AJAX-based front end to my PHP-based APIs). My day job is backend work, so my JS skills are limited. However, I have been using PB a little recently to create scripts and some simple GUIs, so I think that SB might be a good way for me to get some rich-functionality Webfront ends up quickly.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Some questions about SB

Post by Fred »

Hello and welcome,

To answer your questions:

a) yes
b) yes
c) yes
d) no protection (PureBasic like)

e) see #PB_Window_Background flag for OpenWindow()
f) you should post another topic, we can't answer this precisely. Post some code you alareday got.
g) I don't know, feel free to post in feature and request forum with your use cases (why it's important)

Good luck with your projects
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Salut Fred,

Many thanks for your reply. I will keep working on my test project; SB is looking good to me so far and I think I will probably be buying a license soon.
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Just bought my license. I very much like the recent improvements and think that this is going very much in the right direction.

Thanks Fred for a great product :)
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thank you !