Why can't run from Program Files (x86) ?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
luis

Why can't run from Program Files (x86) ?

Post by luis »

Hi, I'm trying SB (1.00) today for the first time really.

I've installed it (Win7 x64) under C:\Program Files (x86)\SpiderBasic

and tried one of the samples: Examples\2DDrawing.sb

hit F5, compiled, nothing happened.

I read it should launch the default browser (Firefox).

I copied the Examples directory to desktop.

Compiled the same Examples\2DDrawing.sb from there, it started correctly.

I saw in the Examples dir two files has been created: spiderbasic.js and SpiderBasic_Compilation0.html

In the previous location, C:\Program Files (x86)\SpiderBasic\Examples\ only spiderbasic.js has been created.

That should explain why nothing happens.

Anyone knows the reason why and how to fix it ?

Something in the path name ? Something in the permissions ? I've tried to add a user luis with full permissions as the Examples dir on the desktop had.

PS: the manual seems still beta-ish, many screenshots are from PB and just to see if something unique to SB was mentioned in the help file I searched for an explanation of the new Files->Preferences->Compiler->Default web Server Port field and I haven't found it.
Actually the described compiler options are the ones from PB.
Is it a good idea to put a 1.0 commercial product online with the wrong manual ?
Especially for someone with no previous PB experience who would stare at help file thinking... WTF ???
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Why can't run from Program Files (x86) ?

Post by Fred »

I think it's a permission issue, as copying the examples drawer elsewhere fixed the thing. I will take a look to see what can be done to prevent this, thanks.

About the manual, you are right it's still need to be worked on but it takes time and it's an heavy task.