Can SB create an app to communicate with my PB app?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
ozzie

Can SB create an app to communicate with my PB app?

Post by ozzie »

I have a PureBasic app that runs under Windows. The app is primarily for handling audio and video playback for live theatre productions, and I'm getting frequent requests for an app that will run on a tablet (iPad, etc) that can remotely control my Windows app. This would be particularly useful during rehearsals so the sound operator can run and adjust cues while sitting anywhere in the auditorium.

Since there are several tablet platforms (eg iPad, Android, Windows 8) the common app environment seems to me to be a web browser, so could I write my 'remote control' app in SpiderBasic and then deploy this to run on any of these tablet types?

If so, is there a way I can get the main Windows app to be controlled remotely from a tablet running an app generated using SpiderBasic? The Windows app would always be the initiator of the link.
Mike
poshu

Re: Can SB create an app to communicate with my PB app?

Post by poshu »

Yup, can do. You should have a look to the advanced examples folder where you'll find a very handy demonstration of how to make a basic web server. From here, you can extrapolate several solutions in order to make it work.

Alternatively, there is an example of a web socket server on pure official forum, but spider basic has yet to support web stock natively. You can always JS it though.

Sadly, I'm writing from my iPad at the airport, so I can't give you anything more precise.
ozzie

Re: Can SB create an app to communicate with my PB app?

Post by ozzie »

That's good news. Thanks for the advice re the demos.
Mike