Use the SpiderBasic IDE to Learn Commands and Keywords

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Random Terrain

Re: Where is Case? Answer: Under Select : EndSelect

Post by Random Terrain »

Paul wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:37 am
Random Terrain wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 3:46 pm While looking at example programs, you might see "Case" and go to look it up in the index. You can't find it, then you do a Google site search of spiderbasic.com and can't find it that way.
I typed "case" under index and it gave me easy to understand results in both the SpiderBasic help file and PureBasic help file. :?
It's super quick to just press F1 in the IDE to bring up the help file.

I was looking at examples here:

https://www.spiderbasic.com/showcase/onlineviewer/

And looking for info here:

https://www.spiderbasic.com/documentation/

I think I clicked the Search tab, then typed in Case and got a long list of every time the word "case" was used. I didn't know that the Index tab was what I needed.

I also didn't know that I should put example code in the editor so I could click on a command or keyword that I want to know more about, then press F1.
Paul

Re: Use the SpiderBasic IDE to Learn Commands and Keywords

Post by Paul »

It' amazing what you will learn/discover if you actually read through the helpfile/manual.
To this day I still learn new things when I have some time and I go through it again. ;)
Random Terrain

Re: Use the SpiderBasic IDE to Learn Commands and Keywords

Post by Random Terrain »

Paul wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:49 pm It' amazing what you will learn/discover if you actually read through the helpfile/manual.
To this day I still learn new things when I have some time and I go through it again. ;)
Yep, I'll be doing everything through the IDE from now on. Better than going directly to the web site.

But I can't truly learn anything, though. For example, even though I've been using batari Basic for around 15 years, I still have to look up code examples and copy and paste code into whatever I'm working on.