SpiderBasic Annual Update-Renewal

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
percy_b

SpiderBasic Annual Update-Renewal

Post by percy_b »

Greetings!

I want to share this information with everyone so that my mistake is not repeated.

In March of this year, I paid to extend my update-support subscription, which allows me to continue to get free updates to SpiderBasic for a year. This purchase extended my update-subscription until March-2021. So, in October, I decided to add one more year to my subscription. However, to my surprise, I found out the subscription program doesn’t work the way that I expected. When I attempted to add another year, the system only extended my subscription to October-2021, and not to March-2022. So, I wasted five months left on my subscription.

The moral here is to wait until the SpiderBasic subscription expires before renewing. Otherwise, you’ll waste your money!
Peter

Re: SpiderBasic Annual Update-Renewal

Post by Peter »

I'm sure Fred will fix that.
plouf

Post by plouf »

obviously you should contact Team for this

but his "misbehaviour" is known and NOTED in our User Account page
NOTE: the one year extension will start from the new ordering date, so be sure to not extends too soon.
Christos
Kurzer

Post by Kurzer »

If I understand it correctly, after one year only the right to new updates ends. So you can still work with the old SpiderBasic version.

If fred doesn't change the update or license rules (see also the post here), then it's probably best to wait until the first new beta versions appear in the forum and then extend your update period just before the release of the new version.

Markus
SB 2.32 x86, Browser: Iron Portable V. 88.0.4500.0 (Chromium based), User age in 2023: 55y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"
percy_b

Post by percy_b »

plouf wrote:obviously you should contact Team for this

but his "misbehaviour" is known and NOTED in our User Account page
NOTE: the one year extension will start from the new ordering date, so be sure to not extends too soon.
Thanks, Plouf. That quote about renewal was helpful.

Even if Fred was too busy to respond to all my support emails, it would have been nice to just respond with a link to that information.

:(
munfraid

Post by munfraid »

percy_b wrote:Even if Fred was too busy to respond to all my support emails, it would have been nice to just respond with a link to that information.
So you didn´t receive any answer at all to this?
percy_b

Post by percy_b »

munfraid wrote:
percy_b wrote:Even if Fred was too busy to respond to all my support emails, it would have been nice to just respond with a link to that information.
So you didn´t receive any answer at all to this?
No. Not a single response.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Hello,

I replied on your mail the 1 october (may be it went into spams) and fixed the issue the 28 october, could you check if it's OK for you ?
percy_b

Post by percy_b »

Fred wrote:Hello,

I replied on your mail the 1 october (may be it went into spams) and fixed the issue the 28 october, could you check if it's OK for you ?
Sorry, Fred. I received your response. Thanks for getting back to me.