SpiderBasic 2.30 is available

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
rory

Re: SpiderBasic 2.30 is available

Post by rory »

hello, I have a question, my android app, I made it and tried to install it on my device: android 8: simple app only gadgets and windows, it says this: app not installed.
Nothing else
munfraid

Re: SpiderBasic 2.30 beta 1 is available

Post by munfraid »

Stefan wrote:Load a larger project, not a sample program.
Click on a procedure in the procedure list.
The IDE jump to this place.
Then click into the text.
Do something. Move the arrow keys, press the enter key, add text or delete text.
You'll see, the IDE crashes very often without a message.
I have this problem too, but fortunately only rarely. The crashes only happen in connection with the procedure list. Either as described by you or just by clicking on a procedure. Mostly I work under Windows, it doesn't show up there, only under Linux, and also here only with larger codes. My project has about 9000 lines. I use ubuntu mate 18.04 LTS.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

A long known bug, even with the Purebasic IDE on Linux.
But as soon as people report here, that everything works well for them, such bugs are not taken seriously and of course not resolved.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

The problem with these kind of bug is to be able to reproduce them. I tried but can't, so I just can't fix it. If you find a clear path which leads to the bug, it will help..
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

This is very surprising, because I have the problem on different PCs and different Linux distributions. And if you look into the Purebasic forum, you will see that the bug has been known for a long time and it appears to many users.
Take a long code and click on the procedure list to select the procedure. Then go to the editor and do something. Press the DEL key or the down arrow key or the Return key and you will see the IDE will exit without a message.
Niffo

Post by Niffo »

Confirmed on PB Linux 5.71 x64 :
- Open a standalone "big" file (TabBarGadget.pbi)
- Click on some procedures in the procedure list
- Go to the editor
- Write some text and use backspace and/or down arrow

=> Crash

Very easy to reproduce.
DanLJr

Post by DanLJr »

Thank you, Fred!

Very excited to see you continuing to support the development of this product. Combined with PB back-ends, I'm finding ways to do some pretty powerful things with SpiderBasic - even for commercial app use, and of course games-dev is pretty nice-and-easy, too.

I just renewed my SpiderBasic subscription a few minutes ago. (Been using SB 2.x for quite a while now, but this is the first major update since my original purchase.) I'm so excited to check out the latest features! I'm about to release a few pieces of software myself written in SpiderBasic (one is a game and another a business app, both of which I've been building fairly consistently over the past 18 months) and this new SB release will help me immediately in a few ways (user copy/paste gadget text from window option - yay!) so I'm going to download and give it a whirl right away.

Keep those updates coming! So much potential here in the SB/PB development world!
-Dan L.
:: falling on my face a lot lately; learning even more because of it! ::
DanLJr

Post by DanLJr »

Fred!

I just applied the new #PB_Window_AllowSelection flag to my OpenWindow(...) call, and it works! However, this new flag is NOT mentioned in the help file. Please add it to the documentation (online and installable help file) because without it, people like me will forget it exists and/or how to use it without further searches/digging-up old projects, etc.)

As for the newest version of SpiderBasic, so far so good! (Peter's SpiderBite stuff still works with it to "ease" the process of making server calls to PB CGIs, etc.)

As mentioned above, my one project already benefits immediately from the new #PB_Window_AllowSelection flag, as now users can copy-paste displayed text without me having to go through all of the work to make "codes" and such show-up in StringGadgets so they can be copied. (Now I don't have to do any of that work. Yay!)

Anyhow, please update help/docs with the new flag, so we know how to do it in the future. (Right now, the top of https://www.spiderbasic.com/news.php is the only reason I even knew about this feature. It's a biggie!)

Thanks again, Fred. You're the best.

-Dan
-Dan L.
:: falling on my face a lot lately; learning even more because of it! ::
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Thanks for the kind words, I will add the missing constant.