SB's listicon and gadgets in general

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
saboteur

SB's listicon and gadgets in general

Post by saboteur »

Hi,

Probably a simple question, are SB's default gadgets made to look and work like PB's or are they constrained at the base level in the same way ?

For example, does the listicongadget have to work in the same way with no adjustable row height ? or can checkboxes/optiongadgets be bigger ?

For me the listicongadget is perfectly funtional in most cases but is hampered by the row height and word/line wrapping.

Just curious and guess this is one for Fred.

Cheers
the.weavster

Re: SB's listicon and gadgets in general

Post by the.weavster »

I think at this moment SB's gadgets are being restricted in order to maintain compatibility with PB. I hope Fred will review that policy because there are some great HTML5 widgets about that could be added to SB. I'd quite like to see PB get WebKit support so we could use SB to create UIs for PB.

In the mean time Peter has made a module to extend ListIconGadget and also a wrapper for Tabulator if you want even more functionality. If you search this forum you should find them.

Edit...

ListIconGadgetEx: https://github.com/spiderbytes/ListIconGadgetEx
Tabulator: https://github.com/spiderbytes/Tabulator
saboteur

Post by saboteur »

Thanks for the reply.

Allready trying tabulator, but in fairness it's a bit of overkill for most of my forms.

Oh well.
Peter

Post by Peter »

saboteur wrote:For me the listicongadget is perfectly funtional in most cases but is hampered by the row height and word/line wrapping.
as the.weavster already mentioned, ListIconGadgetEx could solve your row height problem:

Code: Select all

ListIconGadgetEx::SetRowHeight(#ListIconGadget3, 36)