Purchase Time

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
matty47

Purchase Time

Post by matty47 »

I purchased Spider Basic last night (Australia). The web page indicated that the licence/account details would be available pretty well immediately but I did not receive anything except a confirmation of payment from PayPal. I emailed support after two hours but still nothing. I've checked Spam folder already.
Is the process manual? How long does it really take? Thanks.
Matthew
tj1010

Re: Purchase Time

Post by tj1010 »

It's manually processed. This is asked a lot.
matty47

Post by matty47 »

Thanks. I only queried because the pricing page states
"If your payment has been granted, the account is created automatically and a mail is sent to your e-mail address. Be sure to check your spam folder, as it sometimes goes in it. If you haven't recieved it after one hour, feel free to contact us: support@spiderbasic.com"
Which, to me at least, indicates that the process is automatic and fast. Perhaps the wording should be changed to indicate that the process is manual.
matty47

Post by matty47 »

All fixed now
Thanks
Matthew
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

I'm surprised that it's not done automatically actually.

Anyway, welcome to the forums Matty - SB is great fun (and incredibly useful too of course! )
MrTAToad

Post by MrTAToad »

I presume its not automated to allow time for possible refunds and dodgy activity...
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

MrTAToad wrote:I presume its not automated to allow time for possible refunds and dodgy activity...
Yeah like chargebacks and stolen cards. Chargebacks are one of those things the payment processing industry seem in no hurry to fix, cause I remember dealing with it decades ago as a ecommerce merchant.
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Good points.

I remember when the Web was still newish (circa 1995 I think), asking the resident internet user* at work whether buying stuff online was safe. He was the holder of all network knowledge. His response: "yes, perfectly safe - safer than using your credit card in a shop"

Hah! Right. :lol:

* Yes - my employer at the time (a UK investment bank) had nominated internet users. I think there were 2 of them on our floor. Everyone else was forbidden from accessing the outside world and had to ask them ro run queries against whatever the search engine was at the time. Made developing software with out of date manuals really rather fun...
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

SparrowhawkMMU wrote:Good points.

I remember when the Web was still newish (circa 1995 I think), asking the resident internet user* at work whether buying stuff online was safe. He was the holder of all network knowledge. His response: "yes, perfectly safe - safer than using your credit card in a shop"

Hah! Right. :lol:

* Yes - my employer at the time (a UK investment bank) had nominated internet users. I think there were 2 of them on our floor. Everyone else was forbidden from accessing the outside world and had to ask them ro run queries against whatever the search engine was at the time. Made developing software with out of date manuals really rather fun...

Even now it's only remotely secure if the card has something like Verified By Visa or Mastercard Secure Code. Paypal has the same policy as it did back then regarding stolen accounts and charge-backs. It's even common for stolen cards and stolen accounts to be used on eBay.
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

It was done automatically but it's doesn't work anymore. I need to take a closer look to the automatic backend