Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Hi Fred, just to let you know that the Keywords meta tag on the spiderbasic.com homepage is set to "HTML5 template" and on these forums it's set to a blank string - neither are of any use in driving users here, which is a pity if people are searching for things such as web development, basic, etc etc. Worth changing that.

I'd also include PureBasic as a keyword, as people may have heard of that but not SB.
Arbrakaan

Re: Website: SEO not set

Post by Arbrakaan »

Hi SparrowhawkMMU,

The tag meta Keywords a not user by search engine bots to rank a site. It is more relevant to optimize the tag title and description, and the content of the site.

The tag Keywords, is a waste of bandwidth now a day.
SparrowhawkMMU

Post by SparrowhawkMMU »

Ah, ok. I Didn't know that they'd stopped including that tag. Thanks for head's up.
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

Yeah all that stuff became just worthless HTML spec years ago.. Read in to Google's Panda(AI metering of content) and Pengiun(anti blackhat) and Hummingbeard(core search) and whatever Bing, Yahoo, and others equivalent AI engines are these days. There are interesting and complex algorithms used that actually measure content quality off frequency and grammar and I think even geometry and header and link relevance..

Whatever you do don't look for books or single references they all conflict with how modern engines actually work. Books that actually address them the authors don't actually know anything and just vaguely tell you loose metrics..