BallZ #GO!

Created a nice software using SpiderBasic ? Post you link here !
MrTAToad

BallZ #GO!

Post by MrTAToad »

Whilst its nowhere near complete yet, the whole program is more or less up and running (although I need to make sure all the fading up and down still works after my processing system has been modified - again).

The aim of the game is to survive as long as possible by maintaining a healthy object, avoiding the bad sphere and being careful of everything else as they may harm or hinder (some more need to be added, especially for multiplayer games).

It is designed for up to 4 players - at the moment keyboard and joypad movement is too slow, and needs improving, Even with several hundred spheres on the screen, it is all smooth...

Fred
Site Admin

Re: BallZ #GO!

Post by Fred »

Looks very promizing ! Any link to test it ? :)
MrTAToad

Post by MrTAToad »

Here is the link for the current version : http://blurg.org/spiderbasic/ballzgo.html

I did manage to get WebGL to crash (in Chrome) somehow with this, but repeated attempts (I had thought it happened when something obscured the window) failed, so at the moment, I dont know what caused it.

I do know, however, it wont work with Edge, as most of the sounds are OGG, and I'm not going to provide another set of sounds just to cater for that :D
Will probably have to detect what browser is used and disable music if its Edge (or Internet Explorer)

It is a lot slower than it will be when finished, as debug mode is still on...

At the moment, you cant get far (and only one type of BallZ is launched), mainly so that program processing system can be tested.
swan

Post by swan »

Thanx for the link. Can confirm it crashed for me on Chrome (Windows 10). Happened when clicked on one of the bottom row buttons..
MrTAToad

Post by MrTAToad »

We'll have to see if it happens again...
swan

Post by swan »

More info - I click the options button, options display, then freezes. I also lose the mouse. I have to end task to recover. Hope this helps .... :D
MrTAToad

Post by MrTAToad »

Weird - no idea why that happened... Do you use Chrome ? Apparently, WebGL is still regarded as experimental with that browser...
swan

Post by swan »

Yes Chrome. You mentioned you had it crash on you with Chrome so I was letting you know "same here".
MrTAToad

Post by MrTAToad »

Wondering, if, for some reason, the program was running out of memory... :?