Wizzard

Created a nice software using SpiderBasic ? Post you link here !
Foz

Wizzard

Post by Foz »

This is my cross platform test - between PB and SB.
http://shadowtavern.com/wizzard/
davido

Re: Wizzard

Post by davido »

@Foz,

Very nice little game. Reminds me of Apple Panic without the digging! :D
Foz

Post by Foz »

:lol: just looked it up. I think there was a massive number of single screen, multi platform level games in that era, this one was inspired by them.

I have a few things to finish first - one is the player - that isn't mine, so I need to create my own player character (all the other *ahem* art *ahem* work is my own)

Another is my manual scaling is leaving lines between the sprites, that needs sorting out.

For some reason it refuses to load on Chrome on my tablet. No idea why, but I'm wanting to make a version you can use with touch screens, so that is high on my list

And after watching Apple Panic, there is something else to do - I need to get sounds on it - and music!
srod

Post by srod »

Nothing happens here on Opera other than a black screen! Doesn't even get that far with IE.
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass!
Foz

Post by Foz »

I know it works in Chrome (Windows only) and Firefox (on Windows, Linux and Android).

I have plenty more to debug!
Danilo

Post by Danilo »

Foz wrote:I know it works in Chrome (Windows only) and Firefox (on Windows, Linux and Android).
Works on Mac OS X with Chrome 33 and Safari 7.0.2
cya,
...Danilo
Foz

Post by Foz »

Thanks for that Danilo!
Paul

Post by Paul »

Works here on FireFox 27 but no luck on IE 9 & 10
Foz

Post by Foz »

ooookay, I've finally figured out what the issues are - SpiderBasic for its rendering engine is using WebGL.

In short, any browser that does not implement WebGL will not be able to run this game ( IE 11 partially supports it, but not fully )

If the game does not load, please check if the browser is WebGL capable and enabled.
srod

Post by srod »

Okay, have just enabled WebGL in Opera and now the page just doesn't load... just sits there. After a time the debug Window appears, but that is all.

Now this is a cheap laptop with integrated graphics type nonsense. Would that explain why it doesn't work?
I may look like a mule, but I'm not a complete ass!