Found an issue in SpiderBasic ? Please report it here !
DanLJr

String and Text Gadgets: serious problems with iOS keyboard

by DanLJr Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:59 pm

I PM's Fred about this just a little bit ago (earlier today) but there is a serious issue with iOS and using Text and String Gadgets. The popup keyboard on Safari on the iPhone constantly either fails to popup, or can't focus on the selected text entry gadget when you click into it. It's currently causing a number of programs I've built for customers over the past couple of months to be completely unusable on iOS devices, which makes up about 50% or more of our users! Ouch.

Here are a number of threads that all seem to be related to this issue. It's a BIG ONE, and one I hope/pray can be resolved very quickly (fix or work-around, I don't care!) because the last few months of my work are now at risk (this bug makes pretty much ALL of my recent customer projects unfinishable/unreleasable) because I can't release with this stuff not functioning properly on iOS!

I desperately need a solution as quickly as possible. (And I'm certainly not the only one.)

Here are a few links to other threads on this board regarding this very issue:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1555

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1339

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1597

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1228

Please, Fred, save us with your genius!

-Dan L.
DanLJr

Re: String and Text Gadgets: serious problems with iOS keybo

by DanLJr Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Any update? Anyone? Days are flying by and I need an answer for my current customer project sooner-than--later. (I'm soon going to be faced with the fact that I'm going to have to rewrite my current project in a different environment, if I can't get any answers on this, so I can't move forward from here...)

My PM to Fred is still sitting in the Outbox, so nothing happening in a hurry there.

At this point, I don't care if it's a complete work-around/hack… I NEED a solution ASAP! My current customer project is dead-in-the-water without proper iOS functionality on text input fields.

This is a serious problem and probably should be a high priority for the SB dev team if they care about this product at all: This is a show-stopper, because text input is a VERY COMMON feature of any application. It HAS to work, otherwise the whole thing is pretty useless.

PLEASE offer a solution, like now. Pretty please???

This is a very serious bug and should be resolved with a great deal of urgency.
Paul

by Paul Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:28 pm

DanLJr wrote:Any update? Anyone? Days are flying by and I need an answer....

:shock: Seriously ??

Have you not looked at the current list of Bugs?
There are over a year of Bugs listed and the only update in over a year has been a small tweak for compiling to Android SDK26
DanLJr

by DanLJr Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:27 pm

Admittedly, last time I brought something up to Fred was the SDK update and he replied to the thread quickly and within a few days got the update out.

I guess I was just hoping for the same level of response here on this critical issue…

Paul wrote:
DanLJr wrote:Any update? Anyone? Days are flying by and I need an answer....

:shock: Seriously ??

Have you not looked at the current list of Bugs?
There are over a year of Bugs listed and the only update in over a year has been a small tweak for compiling to Android SDK26
Return to Bugs Reports