Loading generic data

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
MrTAToad

Loading generic data

Post by MrTAToad »

As the standard file commands either need a file requester selection or loading from a URL, it would be nice if it was possible to load generic data (from a local file or url) without the need for the file requester
tj1010

Re: Loading generic data

Post by tj1010 »

I would already have this done if Library was documented, so I could implement Cordova modules. I get why Fred wouldn't just throw it in the vanilla language since it might be lightly confusing; people would try to use it on the web and dynamic cache and local-storage policies would conflict unless he just had a awkward IOS and Android only library mixed-in.

I was going to post a file system API request but seen your post. Streaming files from a web server every runtime is extremely inefficient. Especially if you have dozens of 300KB bitmaps like one of my projects do..

A project I did this morning has to download 65 300KB bitmaps every time a user runs the app.. If SB is running on Android or IOS there is a 100% guarantee there is a local file system with almost instant memory mapping speed.
MrTAToad

Re: Loading generic data

Post by MrTAToad »

It looks like the Read/Write procedures now act like regular file commands, so FileRequester looks like it isn't always needed...