SB Visual Form Editor

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
PByte

SB Visual Form Editor

Post by PByte »

Hi everyone,
I've just joined the gang and this is my first post here. been a VB coder for years, and just recently found SB as a nice solution for developing on PC and MAC.

However, as coming from VB world, I wonder if there's any visual form editor for spider basic where you can simply put gadgets across the form, set properties and get the code? SB is very well constructed , but the tedious process of GUI designing only by coding, is a bit time consuming, for me at least.

I've already begun developing such tool , a visual form editor for SB and it's going well. At the moment the plan is allowing the user to design the form and gadgets, and get the code to continue the development inside SB. By providing path to SB compiler on their machines, they can test the designed form in real time.

I would like to hear your ideas about such tool. maybe there's already a visual editor out there which i don't know! But this is something i wanna share with you guys later, when it was done and ready.

Regards,
PByte
Paul

Re: SB Visual Form Editor

Post by Paul »

PureVision is for designing and exporting Forms for PureBasic but also has a plugin to export the Forms for use with SpiderBasic.
For now it may be the solution you are looking for ;)

http://reelmedia.org/purevision
PByte

Post by PByte »

Thank you Paul for your reply.
Checked the URL. Such a complete and comprehensive solution. I guess you develop those software. Nice job...

I was looking for a simple form editor specifically written for Spider Basic, and surprised that there's no SB dedicated GUI designer yet. I needed one for our projects, so I began developing this simple tool as a part time project. It's temporary called 'Spider Forms' ;)

It's on early stage of development at the moment and I'm working on editor general operations. Right now Gadgets can be created , modified, moved, duplicated, resized, ... and be saved as a project.

An screen shot can be viewed here: http://persianbyte.net/misc/sbf.jpg

I decided to share the details of development here ; Maybe other coders find it Interesting. Later as the program is matured enough I will share it with anybody interested to beta test.
Dirk Geppert

Post by Dirk Geppert »

You can also use the Visual Designer from PureBasic.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Dirk Geppert wrote:You can also use the Visual Designer from PureBasic.
... and (if you want to use XmlDialogs in combination with OpenXMLDialog()) you can use the DialogDesign0R: http://www.purebasic.fr/english/viewtop ... 27&t=70386

Greetings ... Peter
PByte

Post by PByte »

Thanx guys for sharing useful information.

I'm somehow familiar with Pure Basic. I see the similarities between SB and PB which allow the pure basic form designers be used with spider basic. But there also are major object creation and syntax differences which are obviously due to their natures. I know it's resolved through plug-in systems.

The major point with SB (for me) is the browser-based applications which let them be totally cross platform and accessible via any device and OS. I think SB deserves having its own dedicated form editor\designer.

Obviously there are a lot of PRO guys who would do it later. but at the moment what I've aimed to develop is, the most minimal, straightforward and entry level form editor which any beginner programmer can quickly dive into and create their GUIs.

This is just for the fun of coding late nights! :)