Deploying App - cannot Abort

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
IdeasVacuum

Deploying App - cannot Abort

Post by IdeasVacuum »

Win7 x86

The Abort button does not. Most times, the reason to abort would be when the deployment has obviously failed, but currently the only solution is to kill SB via the Task Manager.
tj1010

Re: Deploying App - cannot Abort

Post by tj1010 »

You probably have to end java and xcode processes too. I would guess Fred is wresting with cleanly ending the spawned processes.
MrTAToad

Post by MrTAToad »

Indeed - not easy especially if these processors dont bother processing window events...
IdeasVacuum

Post by IdeasVacuum »

I have discovered that (on Windows) there is an exe that is deploying the app - it is in fact listed more than once sometimes, so via the Task Manager, 'Kill Process Family' effectively performs an Abort and SB remains on screen. The Abort Button does work before the deployment part of the process has started, takes a few seconds to clean up.

If it's any help to anyone, I have so far found 3 triggers for deployment failure, Windows to Android:

1) The target device has been 'lost' by the Host PC (or maybe you forgot connect it!)
2) The target device limits the number of times the same debug app can be loaded (If this happens, just change the app version number)
3) Create App Details Modified. I found that in this case it is best to close the Create App Window, Save the Main Source File, then return to Create App.

It is probably a good idea to delete the app from the device before deploying again because your Anti Virus might object to it being overwritten.
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

The best way to clean up tasks on Windows is wildcards. Like taskkill /f /im *java*
IdeasVacuum

Post by IdeasVacuum »

tj1010:
The best way to clean up tasks on Windows is wildcards. Like taskkill /f /im *java*
I don't see that as the best way, I see that as the most dangerous way! :mrgreen:
Fred
Site Admin

Post by Fred »

Yes, aborting cordova once launched seems a bit tricky to me for now..