Spider IDE to support pure JS/HTML projects

Got an idea for enhancing SpiderBasic? New command(s) you'd like to see?
the.weavster

Spider IDE to support pure JS/HTML projects

Post by the.weavster »

As Fred has done an excellent job of integrating all the components required to generate an *.apk it seems to me there may be developers that would like the SpiderBasic IDE but may not necessarily be interested in coding in Basic. This could be even more so now SpiderBasic is migrating to Cordova which is more widely used and has a lot of output targets - Android, FireOS, iOS, Ubuntu, WebOS and Windows. I think it might be a good idea for the Spider IDE to directly support pure HTML/JS projects.

I believe the generation of an *.apk is already a two step process:

1) compile SpiderBasic code to HTML/JS
2) package HTML/JS and framework into an *.apk

So it could be implemented as: If the project doesn't contain any *.sb files then skip step 1.
Fred
Site Admin

Re: Spider IDE to support pure JS/HTML projects

Post by Fred »

Well, there is tons of very good JS editor, and installing cordova is a breeze, so I don't know what it would bring tbh..
the.weavster

Post by the.weavster »

One of the core ideas of an IDE is that it's integrated. I don't know of anything like that for Cordova, there's a lot of use of the command line even after installation. Using Cordova CLI may not be rocket science but a decent IDE would certainly increase productivity.
tj1010

Post by tj1010 »

I'd rather get patches and support for SB and just use one of the billion JS and HTML editors out there..