Cannot show scrollbars in androi

Just starting out? Need help? Post your questions and find answers here.
IdeasVacuum

Re: Cannot show scrollbars in androi

Post by IdeasVacuum »

You are right nicalejo - although most apps for smartphones probably wouldn't want a title bar anyway, they may well serve a purpose on Android tablets/laptops. Therefore, I think it's a possible bug. I also found that the window does not want to resize, with or without a title bar.

However, I have not found any reference to the minimum Android version support by an SB app - my phone is only 4.4.4. When I have a chance, will test again on a tablet with Android 5.1

Edit: Oh dear, SB locks up on 'Deploying App' - Abort fails too.
JackWebb

Re: Cannot show scrollbars in androi

Post by JackWebb »

IdeasVacuum, you gave me the key, is just a matter of the attribute #PB_Window_BorderLess, changing the line in my code by

If OpenWindow(0, 0, 0, 305, 140, "ScrollAreaGadget", #PB_Window_SystemMenu | #PB_Window_BorderLess | #PB_Window_ScreenCentered)

it works, It has no sense for me but this is the reason. Your code does not scroll without the PB_Window_BorderLess
Interesting discovery, however. I tried this in tabbed view (PanelGadget()) and the scroll bar disappears when switching between tabs :(

I don't think the scroll bars are completely necessary, at least on not a smart phone. Your fingers would be too fat for the scroll buttons. But on a smart TV or Windows, scroll bars would be nice.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~ Leonardo Da Vinci