What directories of the JDK are absolut needed for APP creat

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kurzer

What directories of the JDK are absolut needed for APP creat

Post by Kurzer »

Hello,

at first, this my first serious try(*) with SpiderBasic.
*) Okay, I've tested it for one or two days in 2014 on my old XP machine, but because of some problems with the sbmongoose.exe i stopped my work on this.

Today I use SpiderBasic free in portable mode. I installed/copied it today to my new computer. The creation of Web-applications is no problem. I tried to compile some of the examples. They are running very well in my browser. *happy* :-)

But I have a question regarding the creation of Android APKs.
As far as I have noticed, I have to install the Java 'JDK' at first (is this mentioned in the help file?). So I downloaded the jdk1.8.0_141 and installed it in a virtual machine.
The reason for installing it in a VM is that I want to copy only the minimum needed files and directories of the JDK into my Spiderbasic folder. I want to keep my spiderbasic folder 100% portable without any registry- or other dependencies.

So my question is: Does Spiderbaisc need a full installation of the JDK including all the registry entries and path assignments of the JDK installation? Or does SpiderBasic only need some of the JDK files/folders without executing any of the *.exe files in the JDK bin directory during compilation?

Thank you in advance for your hints. Image

Kind Regards
Kurzer
SB 2.32 x86, Browser: Iron Portable V. 88.0.4500.0 (Chromium based), User age in 2023: 55y
"Happiness is a pet." | "Never run a changing system!"