Any APK's I can test to see how they look?

Everything else that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Fangles

Any APK's I can test to see how they look?

Post by Fangles »

My friends have been bugging me about rewriting some of my stuff for Android and when I found out that you could create APK's, I opened my idiot mouth and told them and now they won't shut up and leave me alone.

How hard is it? (Some of junk stuff stuff is huge and involved and I know I'd have to cut out the API stuff).
How can you test them before you throw them across to your android device?
How do you compile the APK's? Do you need an SDK?
How do you get the APK's over to the android device without the (Google) Play store? Do you need to install them?

If I get even a fraction of a clue, I am going to tell all my friends to pony up the cash for SB if they want me to slave for them as my doctors and hospitals haven't left me any spare:):)

Regards, Fang
tj1010

Re: Any APK's I can test to see how they look?

Post by tj1010 »

Dialog library has some geometry problems, HTTP doesn't work at all on IOS and Android because domain policies with JS that aren't handled, and no persistent storage(you have to use a server through HTTP which doesn't work).

I have the full build process and some code for Android though in a single post here. It's basically the same for desktop/HTML you just have to handle orientation with a timer.

http://forums.spiderbasic.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=983